Throughout the year, the Yale Digital Humanities Lab (DHLab) funds projects that require different levels of humanities and programming expertise. If you would like to be considered for one of these positions when they open up, please email the DHLab your resume/CV, along with a brief statement of interest. For any current openings, visit the "Open Calls" section at the bottom of the page.Digital Humanities Consultants
The DHLab hires graduate students annually to join our team as consultants. Whether you use machine learning to find aesthetic patterns in 18th-century paintings or interactive data visualizations to track instances of textual reuse in Classical literature we want to hear from you.
Specific responsibilities vary, but consultants should expect:
- to meet with Yale community members from the undergraduate level to the faculty level to provide guidance on research questions in a 1-on-1 or group setting
- to answer common questions across various disciplines
- to use your expertise on specific digital humanities or data analysis topics, and to act as a point person for related questions
- to think on the fly, identify project needs, and help develop a recommendation for how patrons should proceed given their subject area, expertise, and timeline
- to hone your teaching skills by developing and leading workshops on specific software applied to digital humanities and data analysis
Intern with the Yale DHLab this fall
Outreach Strategy Fellow Job Description The GSAS Professional Experience (GPE) Fellowship is an exciting new initiative by the Yale Graduate School of Arts and Sciences that offers Ph.D. students the...
Intern with the Yale DHLab and SI Data Science Lab
Digital Humanities Research Intern Job Description Work with the Yale Digital Humanities Lab and the Smithsonian Institution’s Data Science Lab as a Digital Humanities Research Intern this fall/winter! We are...
Become a Digital Scholarship Consultant
Priority Application Window Closes: Monday, September 17, 2018 Join our team of Digital Scholarship Consultants and work alongside staff in the Yale Digital Humanities Lab and StatLab! Whether you use...