Throughout the year, the Yale Digital Humanities Lab funds projects that require different levels of humanities and programming expertise. If you would like to be considered for one of these positions when they open up, please email the DHLab your resume/CV, along with a brief statement of interest. For any current openings, visit the "Open Calls" section at the bottom of the page.Digital Scholarship Services Consultants
Yale Digital Scholarship Services—which includes the Digital Humanities Lab and StatLab—hires graduate students annually to join our team as Digital Scholarship consultants. Whether you use machine learning to find aesthetic patterns in 18th-century paintings, interactive data visualizations to track instances of textual reuse in Classical literature, or big data technologies to identify systemic drivers of gene expression, we want to hear from you.
Specific responsibilities vary, but consultants should expect:
- to meet with Yale community members from the undergraduate level to the faculty level to provide guidance on research questions in a 1-on-1 or group setting
- to use your proficiency in digital humanities, statistics, geospatial statistics, or data analysis
- to answer common questions across various disciplines
- to use your expertise on specific digital humanities, statistics, geospatial statistics, or data analysis topics, and to act as a point person for related questions
- to think on your feet, quickly assess the needs of patrons, and help develop a recommendation for how they should proceed given their subject area, background, and timeline
- to hone your teaching skills by developing and leading workshops on specific software applied to digital humanities, statistics, geospatial statistics, and data analysis
Become a Digital Scholarship Consultant
Priority Application Window Closes: Monday, September 17, 2018 Join our team of Digital Scholarship Consultants and work alongside staff in the Yale Digital Humanities Lab and StatLab! Whether you use...
Primary investigator (PI) Anna Shechtman, Graduate student, English Literature and Film & Media Studies Job description The PI is looking to hire a computer programmer to work part time (10-20...
Apply for a DH Teaching Fellowship
Do you want to integrate digital humanities methods into your teaching? Apply to be a DH Fellow! Each semester, the Digital Humanities Lab appoints one or more DH Fellows to...