DH Fellows Application
Each semester, the Digital Humanities Lab appoints a cohort of Digital Humanities Fellows to assist with courses that have a strong digital humanities component. These positions provide semester-long support for graduate students to engage with digital humanities methods and theories in a classroom setting. DHLab staff will work with Fellows to design digital humanities assignments, arrange access to electronic content, and provide specialized technical training. Visit the DH Teaching Fellows page under "About" to see our current recipients and their courses.
HOW TO APPLY
Fellows are responsible for introducing digital humanities approaches into their class. As a Fellow, you are required to meet with Digital Humanities Lab staff at least once before the semester starts to discuss goals (for the course as well as yourself), look through a syllabus, and identify what methods/theories you will introduce to students. Prior to your teaching the students, DHLab staff will work with you and your cohort to provide training sessions and consider ways to teach the material.
Fellows are also expected to attend occasional "cohort" meetings during the semester, which are opportunities to learn about what everyone is doing in their classes and to share any successes or challenges you encounter.
- DH Fellows retain standard benefits associated with their graduate student status.
- DH Fellows are appointed as Part-Time Acting Instructors (PTAI) within the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
- Estimated hours of work are 15-20 hours per week.
- Compensation will follow the standard Graduate School rate commensurate with a 15-20 hour per week assignment.
- PhD students with a teaching requirement to fulfill are encourage to apply. Seventh-year students may also be considered.
- No previous experience in digital humanities is necessary — willingness to learn and teach are.
- Undergraduate, graduate, and combined courses are eligible.
- Graduate students should pre-arrange to work with a faculty member on a specific course before they apply.
To apply, please click on the "Apply Here" button below, which will take you to a brief form that will ask you for information about your course and the DH methods you anticipate incorporating.Apply Here